Tobler’s Woodland offers a wide range of services in Timber Frame. Whatever the scale of the project, we have the expertise to make it a reality.
A timber framed home is constructed of large wooden posts and beams that support the roof, walls and floors. Time-tested joinery methods are used to connect the framing members. The large wooden superstructure gives the home its timeless strength and true esthetic beauty. It will never “go out of style”, and does not “follow a trend”.
Tobler’s Woodland offers full timber frame & house drawings required to meet the Ontario Code specifications, for all your permit applications. You can also view your house in 3D drawings, so you know what it looks like before it’s even built!
The use of timber framing in buildings offers various aesthetic and structural benefits, as the timber frame lends itself to open plan designs and allows for complete enclosure in effective insulation for energy efficiency.
Timber is the mainstay of our operation; we are proud to use this ecologically friendly and renewable resource; there are many benefits:
- It is an environmentally sustainable material.
- Solid timbers creates sustainable structures, many examples of those built in the 1100’s can still be seen standing today.
- Has high strength to weight ratio.
- Timber has superior insulation qualities, reducing the need for electricity or burning fossil fuels.
- It has versatility – is easily moulded and profiled, giving great scope for architectural design.
- Aesthetically, it has visual warmth and a variety of character, colour and grain texture.
- When a timber structure has reached the end of its usefulness, it can be dismantled and the timbers become highly sought after for re-use.
The cost of a timber house varies depending on the design of the home. Timber frame homes require a higher level of planning and skill to produce than a standard framed house.
Timber frames offer a number of special features, such as visible supporting structure, longevity and superior insulation, that set them apart from all other housing styles.
Contact Us today for more information.